Avantgarde Japanese artist Yayoi Kusama was very influential in the postwar New York art scene. Born in Japan , a fascinating Artist . She is now 87 and lives in a psychiatric Hospital in Japan where she paints 8 hours a day . She wrote, “Our Earth is only one polka dot among a million stars in the cosmos.” Her fascination with Polka Dots, has resulted in some amazing and dazzling work.
Her art fascinates me , her look fascinates me , what is in this marvelous mind ?.
Infinity Mirrors FEB 23–MAY 14, 2017 Hirshhorn Museum in Washington DC
Not to be missed the dazzling world of Yayoi Kusama—rebel, icon, and international phenomenon.
- Seattle Art Museum, June 30–Sept 10, 2017
- The Broad, Los Angeles, Oct 21, 2017–Jan 1, 2018
- Art Gallery of Ontario, Toronto, March 3–May 27, 2018
- Cleveland Museum of Art, July 9–Sept 30, 2018
- High Museum of Art, Nov 18, 2018–Feb 17, 2019